Let's talk about: French Press

8:19 AM


Lately I've been realizing that everything that is good takes time. Whether it be working on projects or building relationships, and most definitely coffee. French Press has become one of my favorite methods of making a good cup of coffee. A damn, fine cup of coffee. 

I've tried several different grounds from Starbucks Reserve, Intelligentsia, Velo (local from Chattanooga) and Gevalia. I'd like to think (but don't take my word because I'm not a pro) that these are all fairly bold flavors, and if you are not a coffee connoisseur, take heart! I used to be very into pouring tons of creamer into my coffee. Take this advice from me, you don't need creamer in your freaking coffee. Give it a chance, and you will truly be able to taste the awesome flavors that each blend has! 


How does one use a French Press? 

I'm going to give you a super basic break down. Down below I have shared some sweet links and tutorials that I've found really helpful. 

1. Ground the beans! You want to make sure if you are grinding them by hand or in a machine, to not let the grounds become too fine. You want them to be course (it sorta looks like dirt).

2. Add the coffee into the french press.

3. Pour your really hot water into the french press and wait 4 minutes (this is where the steps vary. some people wait a minute then stir the coffee and then wait 4 more. I guess it's up to you!)

4. Final step! Press down on the plunger and pour your coffee right away into your favorite mug! 


This is my favorite mug. Hands down. 




///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Watch this 




Have fun!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe