Linzer Cookies

6:54 PM

I have always wanted to make Linzer cookies and today finally got to. I'm a big fan of short bread, which is the base cookie that this recipe used. 

Traditionally they have a cutout in the middle of the upper layer of the cookie and you can see the jam in between. However, the cookies harden and crack if you try and cut out a shape so I just sandwiched them. The only real challenge to making them is the intermittent chilling. 

They have quite a lot of butter in them so if you decide to be impatient, which believe me I understand, they will fall apart. You can use any type of jam in between them most use raspberry or black currant. I used raspberry and blackberry jams. 

I found this recipe from the food network. It's not difficult at all, the most advanced skill is creaming butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. 









Happy baking friends!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe